Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Out with the Old and in with the...Older?

One of the great things about losing weight is watching the scale show you lower and lower numbers. At 5 ½ months, I am down around 75 pounds. I never thought it was possible, but I am actually enjoying losing weight, and I do not feel like I am depriving myself at all.

One of the things that has been a surprise is how fast I am going through clothes. When I started back on May 2, I was wearing a size 50 pants and 4-5X shirts. I am actually fitting currently into a pair of jeans that are a size 40, and I have realized that I am over halfway to my goal of a 34 inch waist.

But going through clothes so quickly has a downside...you end up with a closet full of things you cannot wear and need to find new clothes, which can get expensive.

This last weekend I boxed up a lot of clothes that are simply too big. I know some people would tell me to get rid of them right now, but I have been there and done that before, and it got expensive having to buy all new clothes.

The payoff to keeping clothes you've outgrown at least is that one day maybe you can get back into them.

While putting away the box of bigger clothes I pulled down a box of clothes that I was previously too large for, and to my surprise I found some clothes that were too small, and about 10 pairs of pants and five shirts that I are the perfect size for me at the moment.

So I just avoided an expensive trip to the store, and I now have a closet of clothes that fit me again. Huge win.

I have started to incorporate walking on the treadmill and in a couple of weeks the weightlifting starts. I am actually looking forward to it.

Thanks to all of you who supported me on the journey so far. I still have a long way to go, but I am over halfway there and I love how I feel.

Thanks again, have a great day. Remember to live your life, not live your life for someone else.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I am so proud of you and am rejoicing in your success!

    ReplyDelete