Sunday, October 30, 2016

Goal of 100 lost by Christmas (AKA it’s all about the numbers)

Back in the early part of the year, I set myself a goal of weighing 250 pounds by Christmas.

That was before I started eating to a Ketogenic diet, and I had no concept of how I could actually achieve my goal, given my failure at losing weight before. Truth be told, I wasn’t even sure I could do it, but I knew I wanted to.

After starting Keto, I calculated that I could reach 250 pounds earlier than that, and I decided that 240 would be a better goal. That would get me 100 pounds down from my highest ever weight, and I decided that was a good target to aim at. I like round numbers :)

I weighed in this morning at 252. Almost to my first goal, and I have 8 weeks to lose 12 pounds, to get me to 240. Given that I am currently losing about 2lbs a week, that should be achievable without too much difficulty.

And then my brain started a new set of calculations…because I’m crazy like that.

I started the Ketogenic diet on May 2 weighing in at 330 pounds. That’s a lot of weight. But now, theoretically, if I push really hard I might be able to reach 230 pounds by Jan 1st, which is 9 weeks away. That would mean that over the course of eight months, in what has been an incredibly difficult time personally and professionally, I would have lost 100lbs of weight. I think that’s quite an achievement.

So…9 weeks…to lose 22 pounds. I would need to lose 2.4lbs a week to make it going into the holidays, statistically the most difficult time of the year.

There is a huge part of me that wants to go for it, because of just how difficult it will be. The other part of me thinks that I should stay with the progress I am on, and not try to push it.

What do you think? Should I push for it, or should I be content to stay on the course I’m on.

No comments:

Post a Comment