Monday, February 13, 2017

His example made a difference in my life


Yeah, the picture is slightly blurry, but my memory of this day is as sharp as ever.

This is Greg Plitt. Fitness model, author, motivational speaker, former army ranger. He acted, was on TV, and had an amazing life.

On June 8, 2013, Greg was part of the Bodybuilding.com Fitness Expo in Boise.

Although he was rushed, he spent a couple of minutes talking to me, and then was willing to be photographed with me.

For him, that was an everyday thing. For me, I hated being photographed. I hated how I looked, how I felt and who I was.

But he didn’t see me that way. He made me feel like I could be successful, could change my life. I told him that day that I was going to change. It took me longer than I hoped...but I made it.

But I made it too late.

Greg passed away in an accident on January 17, 2015. A life cut short.

If he were still here, I would find some way to meet him again, show him the picture of who I was, and who I am becoming. I would thank him for how he made me feel, and the hope he gave me. I would try to explain that the 2-3 minutes he spent with me touched my life deeply.

I would tell him that I had made good on what I told him I would do.

I would tell him that his example made a difference in my life.

And I think he would tell me that I had done well, and to go be something better, because he was all about becoming everything you can be.

I’m working on it Greg.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment